Comparison of online pharmacies for the Drug: Prednisone
Prednisone, a steroid drug, is used to reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms in a variety of disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis and severe cases of asthma. It may be given to treat primary or secondary adrenal cortex insufficiency (lack of sufficient adrenal hormone in the body). It is used in treating all of the following:
- Abnormal adrenal gland development
- Allergic conditions (severe)
- Blood disorders
- Certain cancers (along with other drugs)
- Diseases of the connective tissue including systemic lupus erythematosus
- Eye diseases of various kinds
- Flare-ups of multiple sclerosis
- Fluid retention due to “nephrotic syndrome” (a condition in which damage to the kidneys causes protein to be lost in the urine)
- Lung diseases, including tuberculosis
- Meningitis (inflamed membranes around the brain)
- Prevention of organ rejection
- Rheumatoid arthritis and related disorders
- Severe flare-ups of ulcerative colitis or enteritis (inflammation of the intestines)
- Skin diseases
- Thyroid gland inflammation
- Trichinosis (with complications)
Most important fact about this drug
Prednisone lowers your resistance to infection and can make them harder to treat. Prednisone may also mask some of the signs of an infection, making it difficult for your doctor to diagnose the actual problem.
Dosage is determined by the condition being treated and your response to the drug. Typical starting doses can range from 5 milligrams to 60 milligrams a day. Once you respond to the drug, your doctor will lower the dose gradually to the minimum effective amount. For treatment of acute attacks of multiple sclerosis, doses of as much as 200 milligrams per day may be given for a week, followed by 80 mg every other day for a month.
Before taking Prednisone
People that are allergic to Prednisone, or if have a fungal infection should not use it.
Be aware that Prednisone may weaken your immune system, and may worsen an infection that you already have. You should inform your doctor if you have had any infection or any illness during past 2 or 3 weeks.
Special dosage adjustment is needed for people with the following conditions:
- liver disease (cirrhosis),
- kidney disease,
- thyroid disorder,
- history of malaria,
- herpes infections of the eyes,
- stomach ulcers, diverticulitis or colitis,
- muscle disorder (for example myasthenia gravis),
- glaucoma or cataract,
- mental illness or depression,
- congestive heart failure, and high blood pressure.
Pregnant women should not use Prednisone, tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding a baby.
How to Buy Prednisone Online
Please remember, before you decide to buy Prednisone online, you need to make sure that Prednisone is right for you. If you are taking any medications or have any health problems, you should consult with your doctor before buying prednisone online.
See more: About Prednisolone.